Sunday 19 March 2017

ASS#1 Step 2 - This is the dawning of the age of Accounting Class

So this is my first post. I wasn't sure where to start with it. It's a new world to me. I like to consider myself a modern young gentleman with reasonable understanding of technology but the concept of blogging is something completely foreign. It's uncomfortable, particularly for me as I tend to display introverted tendencies. I think to myself: who cares what I think? The irony is that now (if anyone is reading this) you're reading about me writing about thinking about what you think and I need to tell you a little about how I think.




I have a tendency to get hung up on being good at things. The problem with this is that the process of learning becomes quite difficult for me and that's not because I struggle to retain information but that I just get myself twisted up about a fear of failure. In the past that has been a self-fulfilling prophecy. So when I looked at the challenge in our Accounting unit to start a blog, I immediately went to that place. Thankfully, I have learnt a few things in my 28 years and I'm wiser now. The feeling doesn't go away but I have a simple mantra lifted from the pages of a Nike advert: Just Do It. The scariest part of anything is starting and you just have to kick your own butt to jump in. Once you get going, or you do things again and again, it gets easier. Even as I write this, rubbing two sticks together to create the first flames of my blog, it is getting easier as I go.




So... now I have a blog. There will be more posts and hopefully they will be worth a read. I promise I'll talk about accounting soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment